Announcement / YouTube Posts / How to make FiveM Server in 2020
Posted: 2 years ago / Sep 20, 2020
Edited: 2 years ago / Sep 20, 2020
- Visual C++ Redistributable 2019 or newer. (DOWNLOAD)
- Create a new directory (for example D:\FXServer\server), this will be used for the server binaries.
- Download the latest master branch build for Windows from the artifacts server.
- Extract the build into the directory previously created. Use any archiving tool (such as WinRAR or 7-Zip).
- Clone cfx-server-data in a new folder outside of your server binaries folder, for example,
- Make a server.cfg file in your
server-datafolder (copy the example server.cfg file below into that file).
- Generate a license key at https://keymaster.fivem.net.
- Get steam api key at https://steamcommunity.com/dev/apikey
- Set the license key in your server.cfg using
# Only change the IP if you're using a server with multiple network interfaces, otherwise change the port only.
# These resources will start by default.
# This allows players to use scripthook-based plugins such as the legacy Lambda Menu.
# Set this to 1 to allow scripthook. Do note that this does _not_ guarantee players won't be able to use external plugins.
# Uncomment this and set a password to enable RCON. Make sure to change the password - it should look like rcon_password "YOURPASSWORD"
# A comma-separated list of tags for your server.
# For example:
# - sets tags "drifting, cars, racing"
# - sets tags "roleplay, military, tanks"
sets tags "default"
# A valid locale identifier for your server's primary language.
# For example "en-US", "fr-CA", "nl-NL", "de-DE", "en-GB", "pt-BR"
sets locale "root-AQ"
# please DO replace root-AQ on the line ABOVE with a real language! :)
# Set an optional server info and connecting banner image url.
# Size doesn't matter, any banner sized image will be fine.
#sets banner_detail "https://url.to/image.png"
#sets banner_connecting "https://url.to/image.png"
# Set your server's hostname
sv_hostname "FXServer, but unconfigured"
# Nested configs!
# Loading a server icon (96x96 PNG file)
# convars which can be used in scripts
set temp_convar "hey world!"
# Uncomment this line if you do not want your server to be listed in the server browser.
# Do not edit it if you *do* want your server listed.
# Add system admins
add_ace group.admin command allow # allow all commands
add_ace group.admin command.quit deny # but don't allow quit
add_principal identifier.fivem:1 group.admin # add the admin to the group
# Hide player endpoints in external log output.
# enable OneSync with default configuration (required for server-side state awareness)
# Server player slot limit (must be between 1 and 32, unless using OneSync)
# Steam Web API key, if you want to use Steam authentication (https://steamcommunity.com/dev/apikey)
# -> replace "" with the key
set steam_webApiKey ""
# License key for your server (https://keymaster.fivem.net)